You are responsible for making sure that student data in your possession is secured. Take measures to protect against unauthorized access to student data stored on a personal computer, a disk, a network, or any other storage media.
These measures can help you protect student data from unauthorized access:
- Use password protection on computer files.
- Keep diskettes and other storage media in a secure, locked location.
- Restrict access to your computer.
- Never leave student data displayed on your computer screen.
- When you have finished a computer task involving student data, exit all files, sign off all applications, and close all application windows.
- Shred printed material that contains sensitive or restricted data.