The Office of the Registrar will issue official transcripts of a student’s academic record, including courses, grades, GPA, and degree upon request of the student.
The University will be closed for the Holiday season from December 22, 2018 through January 1, 2019. Processing for transcript orders received during this time will begin when we return on January 2, 2019. Please take advantage of the electronic transcript delivery option for expedited processing.
Click on the TranscriptsPlus icon to enter your online order.
Transcripts can only be released directly to the student or to a person or entity designated by the student (a photo ID is required when picking up a transcript in person). Official transcripts are $8 per copy and must be paid for when ordered.
Online ordering of Electronic (PDF) and Paper Transcript:
Please take advantage of the electronic transcript delivery option for expedited processing. Electronic delivery is the fastest and most inexpensive way to send official transcripts!
- Current or Recent Students – Current or recent students who have an active Student Self-Service login and password can submit an online order for an official PDF or paper transcript using the Registration and Records tab in Student Self-Service. Payment must be entered at the time the request is submitted using any major credit card.
- Former Students – Former students without an active Student Self-Service login can also submit an electronic order using the TranscriptsPlus link above. The University has appointed Credentials Inc. as the designated agent for processing and sending official electronic transcripts on our behalf using their TranscriptsPlus system. The PDF transcript that is produced using this service contains the identical information as a paper transcript and can be certified as unaltered by uploading the file to the company’s website. Credentials Inc. has also been granted the authority to respond to any inquiries regarding the transactions. Payment must be entered at the time the request is submitted using any major credit card.
Paper or In-Person ordering of Paper Transcript:
- By mail: A mailed order request form must be accompanied by a check (payable through a U.S. bank), money order (payable to the University of Illinois), or credit card (providing the card number, expiration date, security code, name as it appears on card, and cardholder signature).
- By fax: To order by fax, send a completed order request form to 217-333-3100. Payment must be made by credit card (providing the card number, expiration date, security code, name as it appears on card, and cardholder signature).
- In person: Transcripts can also be requested directly from our Transcript Unit during normal business hours. Transcript requests are processed within 5 business days. Payment can be made by cash (exact change only), check (payable through a U.S. bank), money order (payable to the University of Illinois), or credit card.
Note: If you do not need an official transcript, you may choose to print your academic history from Student Self-Service. This website is for Urbana-Champaign campus transcripts only. For University of Illinois at Springfield transcripts, refer to www.uis.edu, and for University of Illinois at Chicago transcripts, refer to www.uic.edu. Records for College of Medicine and College of Nursing students reside at the University of Illinois at Chicago.
Students in debt to the University are not entitled to receive official transcripts until the indebtedness has been paid or suitable arrangements for payment have been made, unless the student has a pending bankruptcy petition seeking a discharge of all such indebtedness, or such indebtedness has been discharged. Students who graduate or withdraw from the University and have outstanding loans from the University of Illinois will not be issued official transcripts until they have completed exit interviews with the University Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations.
Hold Transcript for Grades or Degree
A request may be submitted to delay printing the transcript until after grades are posted or degrees for the current semester have been recorded on the transcript. However, if you are expecting a grade change, do not order your transcript until you are sure the grade has been changed. The Registrar will not hold transcripts for maintenance or grade changes.
Transcript orders held for degrees are released approximately four (4) weeks after your conferral date. If the status of your degree in Academic History of Self Service indicates that the degree has been Awarded and is no longer Pending prior to the release date listed on the Academic Calendar, you may call the Transcripts Unit at 217-333-9778 and request that the Hold for Degree be removed and your transcript order processed.
When Issued to the Student
Transcripts in electronic PDF format are sent directly from the institution in partnership with Credentials Inc to the recipient through Credentials Inc network. Email is not used to send transcripts since those are not deemed secure systems. Transcripts issued to student are intended for student use only and cannot be forwarded to a third-party recipient. Third parties requiring an official copy of the academic transcript should receive the academic transcript directly from the University through Credentials Inc.
Transcripts bear the Registrar’s signature and are printed on secured paper. We no longer use a raised seal; however, the seal is printed on the transcript. Transcripts mailed directly from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign are official. Orders addressed to the student will have an outside envelope marked “sealed envelopes enclosed” and contain individually sealed transcripts inside. Each transcript will be stamped “Issued to the Student in a Sealed Envelope” in red ink.
Electronic transcripts will be delivered within 1 business day of the order being processed. Transcripts ordered online to be picked up at the Records Service Center are usually ready 2 business days after ordering. Transcripts will be destroyed with no refund if they are not picked up within 4 weeks. Orders requiring special shipping are processed within 2 to 5 business days. Please allow 7 to 10 days for delivery to and processing by domestic addresses.
If a paper copy is required and fast delivery is necessary, transcripts may be sent by express delivery. Orders placed for 10 or more paper transcripts to a single address must be delivered using express delivery to provide for tracking.
Options are standard overnight domestic delivery to the main 48 states, domestic delivery to Alaska or Hawaii or international delivery. The additional fee will be charged to your credit card at a rate of $20.00, $23.00 or $43.00, respectively. Requests for express shipping must be received by 11:00 a.m. CST for same-day processing. Effective January 1, 2019, the rates for special shipping of transcripts will increase to $23.00, $30.00, and $53.00.
Note: Express packages cannot be delivered to a post office box.
Request a Notarized Transcript
The Office of the Registrar will provide, upon written request, a notarized, authenticated transcript. A notarized transcript is an official transcript that has been authenticated and notarized. A notarized transcript is $8.00. Request one now! If an Apostille is required, please refer to Apostilles for further instructions.
Common Application College Report
Students applying to transfer out of the University to an institution that uses the Common Application, should verify first if the destination institution requires the College Report for transfers. If required, follow the College Report instructions to print and submit the report to the Records Service Center for completion. The report requires coordination with the Dean of Students Office, so allow up to 4 weeks for processing.
Unofficial paper transcripts can be picked up in the Records Service Center of the Office of the Registrar. The student must pick up their own transcript in person with photo identification.
For more information regarding the contents and coding on transcripts, download a detailed explanation:
For any questions relating to transcripts, feel free to contact us:
Records Service Center Transcript Unit
University of Illinois
901 West Illinois Street, Suite 140
Urbana, IL 61801
Office hours: 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday