Academic Records FAQ

If you can’t find the answer to your question here, please contact us by email at

How can I view my grades?

You can view midterm and final semester grades, along with your academic history/unofficial transcript on Student Self-Service.

Where can I find my current Academic Standing?

You may view your current Academic Standing on Student Self-Service by choosing the Student Services card. On the Student Services Dashboard, choose Student Profile under the General Information section. Academic Standing will be listed in the dark blue banner that is under your name and UIN.

If I attend awhile and then withdraw, will I get any money refunded?

If you officially withdraw within the refund period, you will receive a pro-rata refund based on the date on the withdrawal form. Refer to our refund schedule for the term in question.

My parents have me covered on their insurance plan. Do I still have to pay for health insurance?

Contact the Office of Student Insurance at 217-333-0165.

How much will it cost to attend the university?

See our information on tuition and fees.

I am an employee here and want to take a class. How much will it cost?

When are bills mailed for this semester?

Bills are no longer mailed. See more information on billing.

How can I find out what my account balance is?

You may check your balance on Student Self-Service or contact Student Financial Services and Cashier Operations at 217-333-2180.

I ordered transcripts online over the weekend. When can I pick them up?

Former student website orders and faxed orders will be processed within 2 to 5 business days; current student orders placed online are usually processed the following day for pick-up at the Office of the Registrar after 1:00 p.m.

Will I receive my transcript if I have a hold on my record?

Yes, the university does not hold transcripts based on student debt.

When will my final transcript be released after my conferral date?

Transcript orders held for degrees are released approximately four (4) weeks after your conferral date.  If the status of your degree in View Academic History/Unofficial Transcript on Student Self Service indicates that the degree has been Awarded and is no longer Pending prior to the release date listed on the Academic Calendar, you may call the Transcripts Unit at 217-333-9778 and request that the Hold for Degree be removed and your transcript order processed.