Reduction of Program Range
If you reduce your course enrollment to a lower assessment range (e.g., from Range I, which is 12 or more credit hours, to Range II, which is 6 to 11 credit hours), you receive a refund of the full difference between the two ranges, provided the change is made by the refund deadline for the particular Part of Term (POT) in which your courses are scheduled. NO REFUND IS AVAILABLE FOR DROPPING A CLASS AFTER DEADLINES LISTED BELOW. No refund is available at any time for reducing credit hours WITHIN the same range. Refer to the Class Schedule for what POT each course is scheduled in to assist with identifying deadlines.
Tuition Assessment Ranges
- Range I: 12 or more hours
- Range II: 6-11 hours
- Range III: 1-5 hours
- Range IV: Zero credit only
Part of Term (POT)
- 1: full 16-week semester (8/28/2017-12/13/2017)
- A: first 8 weeks (8/28/2017-10/20/2017)
- B: second 8 weeks (10/23/17-12/13/2017)
In all cases, a student who wishes to drop all classes in a semester to discontinue enrollment must withdraw from the University by completing the withdrawal process by the stated deadline.
100% Cancellation of All Courses for the Semester
You may be released from your obligation to pay all tuition and fees by canceling your registration by 11:59 p.m., Sunday, August 27, 2017, the last day before instruction begins for the term. That is your LAST opportunity to completely cancel your semester’s registration via Student Self-Service. 100% refund of tuition and fees will not be granted if any campus service has been used during the semester requested for cancellation.
Partial Tuition Refund
You may be released from your obligation to pay, or refunded, part of the tuition and fees by:
- Reducing your program by dropping one or more POT 1, full semester, course(s) or changing POT 1 credit hours enough to change assessment range, by 11:59 p.m. Monday, September 11, 2017. That's the 10th day of classes for the semester.
- Reducing your program by dropping one or more POT A, 1st 8 week, course(s) or changing POT A credit hours enough to change assessment range, by 11:59 p.m., Friday, September 1, 2017. That's the 5th day of classes for the semester.
- Reducing your program by dropping one or more POT B, 2nd 8 week, course(s) or changing POT B credit hours enough to change assessment range, by 11:59 p.m., Friday, October 27, 2017. That's the 5th day of the second half of the semester.
- Reducing your program by dropping one or more non-standard term course(s) by:
- 11:59 pm of the 6th calendar day for 8 week courses
- 11:59 pm of the 4th calendar day for 28 day courses
- Withdrawing from the University by 5:00 p.m., Friday, November 3, 2017.
Refunds of Special Fees
Course fees are NOT refunded for courses dropped after the partial tuition refund deadlines provided above.
Detailed information about fees and how they are determined is available within Campus Fee Information.
Law Loan Repayment Assistance Program (LRAP) Fee: Law students may request a refund of their LRAP fee. Note that students who request refund of the fee will not be eligible to participate in the LRAP program.