Beginning summer 2014, the University Board of Trustees approved a new program intended to reduce the cost for undergraduate students who participate in ONLY full-time internships during a semester and earn no academic credit. Program parameters are the following:
- Undergraduate students only are eligible; graduate students enrolled in the courses are charged the applicable program tuition.
- Cost is $200 tuition plus the applicable semester’s General Fee.
- Special rate applies if student is enrolled in ONLY the internship course at 0 credits for the applicable semester.
- Students in one of the below approved zero-credit internships only are reported as full-time for loan deferral purposes.
- University student health insurance is not automatically charged or provided during the semester if enrolled only in an internship completed away from the campus area. Students should contact the University Student Health Insurance Office to discuss possible opportunities to purchase an extension of insurance coverage.
Currently Approved Internship Courses:
|ACCY 290||Prof Internship in Accountancy: Formalized learning experience in combination with practice of accounting while engaged in an internship with a public accounting firm, business, or other off-campus organization; prior approval of learning plan and a summary report of learning experience are required.|
|BUS 299||BUS Internship: Accommodates students who must be registered for a course at the University while completing an internship, either because the internship is unpaid and the company requires registration, or because of visa requirements. Only internships in the Gies College of Business will be considered.|
|CHBE 202||Cooperative Education Practice: Off-campus cooperative practice of chemistry or chemical engineering in industrial or governmental facilities.|
|CHBE 210||CHBE Internship: Full-time practice of chemical science in an off-campus industrial setting or research laboratory environment. Summary report required.|
|CHEM 293||Cooperative Education Practice: Off-campus cooperative practice of chemistry or chemical engineering in industrial or governmental facilities. Each chemistry or chemical engineering student participating in cooperative education must register for CHEM 293 for each off-campus term.|
|CHEM 295||Chemistry Internship: Full-time practice of chemical science in an off-campus industrial setting or research laboratory environment. Summary report required.|
|ENG 202||Cooperative Engineering Practice: Full-time practice of engineering in an off-campus government, industrial or research laboratory environment. Written work report, on-line Experiential Learning Report, and on-line ABET report required.|
|ENG 310||Engineering Internship: Full-time practice of engineering in an off-campus government, industrial, or research laboratory environment. Written work report, on-line Experiential Learning report and on-line ABET report required.|
|MCB 198||Internship: Full-time internship at another University or an off-campus medical facility, research institute or other approved institution. NEW Fall 2018|
|MATH 399||Math/Actuarial Internship: Full-time practice of math or actuarial science in an off-campus government, industrial, or research laboratory environment. Summary report required. NEW Fall 2018|
|LAS 289||Internship Experience: Students follow a program of study and research through an approved internship. Written work report required. Restricted to College of LAS students. NEW Fall 2018|