The base rate applies to the following colleges and majors: Tuition and fees are direct costs charged by the university. The cost of attendance also includes indirect cost allowances for food, housing, books, supplies and other expenses. You will not be billed by the university for these costs unless you live in university housing. Use the Illinois Cost Calculator for an estimated cost of attendance.
- Applied Health Sciences: All majors except Kinesiology
- Education: All majors except Computer Science & Education*
- Division of General Studies All majors
- Agricultural, Consumer, & Environmental Sciences: All majors except:
- Animal Sciences, Food Science & Human Nutrition, Technical Systems Management/Engr Tech and Management for Ag Systems, Agricultural & Biological Engineering, Crop Sciences, Natural Resources & Environmental Sciences, Agricultural & Consumer Economics, Computer Science & Crop Sciences and Computer Science & Animal Sciences
- Liberal Arts and Sciences: All majors except:
- Chemistry & Life Sciences majors: Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Integrative Biology, Neuroscience and Molecular & Cellular Biology
- Economics related majors: Economics and Econometrics & Quantitative Economics
- Engineering-related majors: Chemical Engineering, Mathematics & Computer Science*, Statistics & Computer Science*, Computer Science & Anthropology*, Computer Science & Astronomy*, Computer Science & Chemistry*, Computer Science & Economics*, Computer Science and Geography/Geographic Information Science, Computer Science & Linguistics*, Computer Science & Philosophy* and Physics
- School of Social Work All majors
Non-degree students in these colleges are charged the non-guaranteed rate in the before Summer 2018 section.
* Denotes a combined program
Additional Course-Based Tuition
Students who enter the University Fall 2011 or later and take MCB 250, 251, 252, 253, or 450 are responsible for additional course-based tuition of $307 per course unless they are already paying differential tuition during the term of course enrollment.
LAS International Rate
The LAS International rate applies to international students in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences who are not already paying a program specific international differential.
Flat Tuition Rate
|Resident||Non-Resident||LAS International||Other International|
|For students entered Summer 2023 to Spring 2024||$1,589||$3,901||$4,205||$4,018|
|For students entered Summer 2022 to Spring 2023||$1,560||$3,806||$4,107||$3,920|
|For students entered Summer 2021 to Spring 2022||$1,532||$3,713||$4,012||$3,825|
|For students entered Summer 2019 to Spring 2021||$1,532||$3,713||$4,012||$3,825|
|For students entered Summer 2018 to Spring 2019||$1,505||$3,648||$3,944||$3,757|
|For students entered before Summer 2018 and all Base rate non-degree students||$1,431||$3,511||$3,815||$3,628|