Using the Final Exam Field
- Open the SSASECT form in Banner.
- Type in the term and CRN of the section that will have a final exam and click “Next Block.”
- Go to the Meeting Times and Instructor tab, followed by Meeting Location and Credits.
- With the cursor in the Automatic Scheduler field, click the drop-down arrow to choose 1F and then save. (Use care when there are multiple meeting rows.)
- If you are entering a 1F for a course that is cross-listed, you must put an “O” in the Override Indicator field. If you do not do this, you will get an error message telling you that there is a room conflict.
Things to Keep in Mind
- No final exams will be scheduled if you do not mark anything in Banner.
- Mark all courses that will have an exam. (For example, if you are combining three sections, you will need to mark all three sections.)
- If an instructor does not want to have a final exam, please remember that it is policy for the head or chairperson to approve this. (See the Student Code.)
- Only courses that meet on a Monday or Tuesday are scheduled to have non-combined exams. If you’d like one comprehensive list of your courses that need a final exam, you can mark the arranged courses in Banner and they will appear on your list. Just remember that they will not have a date, time, or room assigned; you will need to request this via the web form.
- You will still use the web form to request extra space, combined, arranged, and conflict exams.
- The preview site is for schedulers only. Please do not announce room assignments until we post the schedule on our website.
- If in doubt, it is better to schedule an exam that might need removed than to schedule nothing at all.