Campus fees, except health insurance, are mandatory for students in campus based programs, according to enrolled hours as shown below. All students will be assessed fees at the below range based rates regardless of whether they are enrolled in on-campus or online classes and regardless of student location.
|Service Fee †
|General Fee †
|Health Insurance Fee 1||$712||$712||$712||$712|
|Health Service Fee † 4
|Student Initiated Fees †
|Library & Information Tech||$244||$163||$81||$41|
|4Health Service Fee if nondegree in University Housing||$248||$248||$248||$248|
1Health Insurance Fee is the only campus fee for which a waiver is available. If you are not automatically charged for health insurance, but need insurance coverage, contact the Student Health Insurance Office.
† Detailed information about Service, General, Health Service, and Student Initiated fees.
- Students enrolled in the following programs are not eligible for university health insurance:
- Non-degree status through the CITL Office
- Fully online LAS/BS in Earth, Society & Environmental Sustainability
- Fully online School of Social Work/iBSW program
- Fully online Early Childhood Education BS/Professional Ed-Licensure
- Fully online Early Childhood Education BS/Professional Ed-Non-Licensure
Engineering City Scholars are charged a combination of Urbana and Chicago campus fees.
|International Student fee applies to all undergraduate international exchange students||$75|
|Illinois in Washington Program experiential learning fee||$1,500|
|Social Work clinical experience fee applies to students during spring semester they qualify as Junior class level||$750|
|Human Development and Family Studies practical experience supervision fee applies to students both semesters of their Junior year||$547.50|