- You must have a record of the request for access and each disclosure of student information.
- The record must identify the parties who requested the information and their basis for such a request.
- The record of disclosures must remain in the file for as long as the educational records are maintained.
Exceptions: Records of requests and disclosures do not have to be maintained for requests by the parent or eligible student, University officials with a legitimate educational interest, or a party seeking directory information.
For further information related to the release of student information, visit:
- Campus Administrative Manual (specifically Section X-6, our Data Access Policy, and the Freedom of Information Act)
- Division of Management Information
- Institutional Review Board
- CITES Security (specifically Reporting Security Incidents)
- Student Code (specifically Part 6)
- Student Grades, Privacy, and Federal Laws
- Decision Diagram for Release of Student Information