Illinois identity graphic

Transfer Credit

Current University of Illinois students should contact their college offices for information on transfer credit restrictions prior to enrolling in courses at other institutions.

Once permission has been granted to take off-campus coursework and after completion, an official transcript must be submitted directly from the institution where the coursework was taken. Official transcripts can be sent through US mail or electronically (PDF) to:

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
901 West Illinois Street, Suite 103
Urbana, IL 61801

Currently electronic transcripts submitted through Docufile, eScrip Safe, and the Illinois Electronic Transcript Exchange (XAP) are accepted. Electronic transcripts can also be sent to directly from the institution. If a transcript is received through this account from a student, it will not be considered official.

See Article 1, Part 3 1-303c in the Student Code for more information.

Students may use Transferology to view what coursework will transfer to the University. The transfer course equivalencies and the reports generated from the system do not constitute a contract between the student and the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Students still need to contact their college offices to verify how the transfer coursework will be accepted and used towards graduation requirements in that college.