History

The Gregory Memorial Building is a monument to honor the first Regent of the Illinois Industrial University, one who so masterfully set the stage for the institution that has flourished for almost 150 years.

On May 2, 1914, it was decided that the memorial to be erected to Dr. Gregory on the University campus be a Gregory Memorial Building and Art Collection, that $150,000 be raised for the purpose, and that the University Trustees be requested to assign a site for the building south of Lincoln Hall, west of the Auditorium and facing the site chosen for the new Library building.